MENOMINEE AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
POSITION: KITCHEN HELPER BLESCH INTERMEDIATE
2.5 Hours Daily
DATE: FEBRUARY 7, 2017
1. High School diploma required
2. Demonstrate aptitude and competence for the work to be performed.
3. Ability to calculate accurately.
4. Ability to work well with students and people of various personality types.
5. Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
6. Computer skills.
REPORTS TO: Food Service Director
JOB GOAL: To assist in the daily service, cashier and money collections, and clean up of meals to the
students and staff of the school district in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness and
1. Perform cashier responsibilities and assist in the daily service of students and staff.
2. Assist in the daily set-up of lunch and the daily and annual cleaning of all kitchen equipment, service and kitchen
3. Know the school lunch program meal pattern requirements, meal components and department policies.
4. Maintain the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
5. Assume responsibility for storage and disposal of unused foods.
6. Uses positive verbal and nonverbal communication and interaction skills when dealing with students, parents,
district and community personnel at all times.
7. Must cooperate and work in other district school kitchens and school lunch departments as needed.
8. Performs all related duties as required and other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: 1. Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the day.
2. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds more than 20 feet throughout the day.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine month school year - Salary and hours to be determined.
APPLICATION: Submit Letter of Interest/Resume within 5 days to:
Dr. Terri Mileski - Superintendent - Attn: Nick Marquardt - Food Service Director
1230 13 th Street
Menominee, MI 49858
Menominee Area Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, height, weight, or handicap. Persons denied equal opportunity based on these conditions may file a complaint with the High School Principal, Menominee Area Public Schools Compliance Coordinator at 906-863-9951 and/or The Michigan Civil Rights Commission, Lansing, Michigan.